Suggestion: Xanion Tier Inertial Dampeners

Ryugi

Suggestion

I had a chance to play with the Gyroscope and Inertial Dampener blocks on my ships for a couple hours, and there was, as expected, a stark contrast between Iron Tier and Avorion Tier Dampeners.  I can understand the intention behind the beginning and end-tier resource blocks for the Dampeners, however, with such a massive difference in strength, I felt a middle ground could be useful for mid-game.

As it currently stands now, Xanion offers very little in terms of uniqueness compared to the other materials, other than it mimics Avorion's inability to be used for crafting armor blocks, and offers a little more HP and durability than Trinium at the cost of being slightly heavier.  It's also a "technological material" which honestly makes it an ideal candidate for a mid-range buff to Dampener materials. 

Trinium could also technically work, since it is directly in the middle of the material chart, but Trinium is already an amazing material for its tier, granting access to hangars and computer core blocks, as well as being the lightest material in the game and universally useful in building any block, except Dampeners.

In addition, many players will stay in the Trinium/Xanion tier of ship materials for some time as they collect artifacts to open the core or build a small base of operations before entering.  I'm certain the devs had a reason for choosing the two materials on opposite ends of the spectrum, perhaps to test effectiveness and see how things shaped up.  But given Xanion's odd place on the material tree and what it offers compared to other materials, I believe it would be an excellent candidate for the addition of an Inertial Dampener block.

1 answer to this suggestion