Junior Captains

MrVorgra

Suggestion

Simply put, I wouldn't mind investing in a swarm of disposable gunships/extra large fighters, The main problem being that captains are hard to come by/costly to loose if the ship is a disposable "cannon" fodder ship, it would be nice to see "inferior/Junior" captains that are cheaper than a normal captain and more numerous, however I feel to prevent players just constantly using them over normal captains, these "Junior" captains could be limited in the volume/mass of the vessel they are permitted to operate on a "captain" status.

and to go one step further, there could be "senior" captains that are much like normal captains yet have added benefits, one could even go so far to give these "senior" captains names, these senior captains would obviously be rarer, and more expensive.

2 answers to this suggestion

That would suffice, Currently any form player ship piloted by AI costs at minimum the cost of hiring and pay a captain, Now I'am at the point of easily having some 10million crew pay every 180 mins between all my ships and stations, so a single captain is, well not worth a second thought.

However I am sure that isn't the case for everyone.