Profitable trade near the core

Gatt

My question to all the traders out there is, are the buy and sale prices of goods and commodities better near the core or are they the pretty standard throughout? Is there an advantage to setting up a manufacturing line in more dangerous areas. Thanks in advance for any info

The trading in its core is the same. But there are 2 benefits to setting up a production chain close to the core:

1) as you get closer to the center, NPC stations tend to get bigger, which means more maximum stock => bigger deals.

2) Best turret factories are ones close to the core. If you are going to produce anything that can be consumed via turret factories, it would be better to do so at the core.

TLDR: Yes, there are indirect, but serious advantages.

Thanks. I recently found a wormhole that went from the iron ring almost all the way to the core. I was considering setting up all my player created factories in the iron area so i didn't have to worry about them getting destroyed so easy, and then transporting things to the core to sell but i didn't know if that would be worth the effort.

Nah, don't bother with that at least until you get to Xanion (strongest pre-Barrier) material.

Also, when you do bother with stationbuilding, don't forget the Out Of Sector Production mod, or else that factories would cost you more in crew salary than they give you in trade goods.

I definitely want that mod. I tried setting up a factory line on a server but unless i put all the factories in one sector, and babysat them it was a bit of a hassle. I'm still looking for a good low ping modded server but so far most of them are to far away from me. I do hope some sort of out of sector production makes it into the game so all servers can use it

...I'm still looking for a good low ping modded server but so far most of them are to far away from me. I do hope some sort of out of sector production makes it into the game so all servers can use it

Have you taken a look at the Vanilla or Modded Servers list that I maintain? I separated them by Modded, Lightly Modded, and Vanilla. Also, I try to prefix with country of origin, followed by MaxPlayerCount. And I try to mention noteworthy mods they have, particularly OOSP.

However, those are only servers listed on the forums, which is useful for "Multiplayer by IP". I do not tackle the "Browse Servers" or Steam server list. Several hundred are listed there.

Sadly, there aren't many servers with more than one or two "ease-of-life" scripts. A majority seem to be strictly vanilla, or they may install /Sethome as an exception. Also, heavily modded servers seem to have a much greater tendency to fill to MaxPlayerCount.

...I'm still looking for a good low ping modded server but so far most of them are to far away from me. I do hope some sort of out of sector production makes it into the game so all servers can use it

Have you taken a look at the Vanilla or Modded Servers list that I maintain? I separated them by Modded, Lightly Modded, and Vanilla. Also, I try to prefix with country of origin, followed by MaxPlayerCount. And I try to mention noteworthy mods they have, particularly OOSP.

However, those are only servers listed on the forums, which is useful for "Multiplayer by IP". I do not tackle the "Browse Servers" or Steam server list. Several hundred are listed there.

Sadly, there aren't many servers with more than one or two "ease-of-life" scripts. A majority seem to be strictly vanilla, or they may install /Sethome as an exception. Also, heavily modded servers seem to have a much greater tendency to fill to MaxPlayerCount.

Thanks i will take a look. I have been playing the beta branch so i have been using the browse servers button but i will definitely check your list