Final Boss completely disappointing

Two

Suggestion

So me and a friend finally managed to open the gates to the core today and since it was pretty late already, we just jumped to the boss to at least take a look at him. We had self-built Xanion weapons and not necessarily optimized combat ship and we are playing on difficulty +2, but why not try?

The boss had an Omicron value of 28k, while we had 480k and 740k. Essentially the boss didn't do any noticeable damage - especially since you can simply outrange him - and just fell over and dropped tons of loot and ore. For my friend, because it wasn't shared. In addition the fight cause so much lag that my rockets at some point stopped doing damage completely, because the server feels like not calculating damage anymore when things become laggy. We then farmed him for a few more times, and we were completely disappointed by the encounter.

A few things I strongly recommend to change:

- When things get laggy, always calculate the damage. Because damage will kill ships and dead ships don't lag (that much).

- Change the turret factories so they cost ore in addition to the production cost. Otherwise you can just gather the materials safely at start, jump into the high-end system and instantly equip yourself with insane weapons.

- Fix the bug that turret factories sometimes increase the damage of weapons if components are removed. That allows for some crazy setups like Railguns with 3.5k damage at 12 shots/s.

- Buff the boss to 500k to 2000k Omicron depending on difficulty. It is supposed to be the one final unbeatable enemy and not some random farm content. Also add some ranged weapons because otherwise the fight can easily be exploited.

- Limit the amount of weapons to something like 12 / ship. Currently there is no reason to even build a second ship, because flying around with 30 weapons at ~3k dps each means you do about 90k dps. That simply annihilates every enemy in existence.

- Reduce the amount of projectiles from weapons greatly. The server simply can't handle them and even though it looks cool to see 500 rockets flying around in space, I'd rather have no lag than that.

- Also reduce the amount of loot clutter (ores mostly) from killed ships for the same reason. One big chunk of ore is one calculation for the server, 200 are 200 times as slow for no reason other than to look cool.

3 answers to this suggestion

Gonna take a stab in the dark and say you guys had turrets from Turret Factories and not ones looted? If so, sort of explains why your have HUGE firepower. The insane weapons you can get at turret factories are basically impossible to find from loot.

Try again with regular weapons.

IMHO  they used the game dynamics as they seem fit and as they have been given and followed the rules.

if the rules are too easy with some basic game knolage    then the rules should be fixed  you cannot expect the gamer to fit less then presented  The game need to give what a gamer want/seek, not the other away around.

Aswell they give some contructive feedback wich is rare. (well done btw)

On the other hand the final boss isnt really made for a MP server  it was part of the SP experience where u needed to get the help of other factions to beat it

Well we didn't knew what to expect behind the barrier, but the turrets you can build suggested that whatever is there has to be extremely dangerous. Turned out it wasn't.

I can however find similar turrets to the ones you can build, but they are extremely rare. I have one Xanion railgun turret that I legitimately found outside the barrier with ~2500 dps. A few more of those and I would have been close to the damage of factory turrets as well.