add square-cube law to loading screen tips?

cy414

Suggestion

would adding an explanation of square-cube law to the loading screen tips be useful to to people designing ships?

i dont know how many people might benefit from knowing they need to tripple their power/thrust when they double their ship size if they want to maintain agility.

4 answers to this suggestion

Probably a lot of people would benefit. Also a word about how placing thrusters further from the center of mass will result in greater rotation speeds, ton for ton.

There's a lot that would benefit from being explained, better, but then again, the game is actively being worked on and things will change.

Probably a lot of people would benefit. Also a word about how placing thrusters further from the center of mass will result in greater rotation speeds, ton for ton.

There's a lot that would benefit from being explained, better, but then again, the game is actively being worked on and things will change.

He just added that particular tip about the Leverage from COG tip in last beta patch or something, seen it once so far.

Eventually I think I'd like to see loading screen tips for essential knowledge removed entirely, that's the kind of stuff that deserves to be put into the official tutorial once it's been fleshed out. The loading screen tips I guess could be replaced by hints for things like obtaining the artifacts to reach the center of the galaxy.

So long as it's a properly-described version (doubling your "size" (volume) will octuple your mass) and not the version you described in this thread: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2243.msg13607.html#msg13607

Although that aside, I cannot remember a single loading screen tip, which I assume means that they're all relatively basic enough that they were covered in the tutorial.

Oh, and speaking of the tutorial, THAT would be the place to handle these types of issues. Perhaps, if not in the basic tutorial, as an "extra"/optional tutorial dealing with "advanced" elements of ship design.