Do mods affect steam achievements?

DoorsMonster

Hi!

Maybe that's a stupid question, but I can't find the answer: Do mods affect steam achievements?

I prefer to play under game's default rules (I am a survival games player), but I really hate those (IMO) stupidly long Xsotan ships (yeah, the ones that spin). I don't even know if it's possible to eliminate the code of those crap ships in lua scripts, but I'd prefer to know if that would affect achievements (yes is what I'm afraid I expect)

By the way... Come on! Anybody inside those large things would die instantaneously due to high centrifugal force. Just imagine the huge mess inside those ships: the kitchen! the bathroom!!! Nobody would build a ship like that  >:(

From what I have seen we have no direct access to the plans or scripts that involve the procedural generation, so it will probably not be possible yet to mod those. Modding the scripts we have access to does not interfere with the achievements, our server is heavily modded and we are still able to earn them although some seem to be bugged.

In my opinion the toothpick ships are due to the procedural generation being somewhat limited, hopefully, the current generation process is just a placeholder for one that allows for more realistic and intricate designs.

From what I have seen we have no direct access to the plans or scripts that involve the procedural generation, so it will probably not be possible yet to mod those. Modding the scripts we have access to does not interfere with the achievements, our server is heavily modded and we are still able to earn them although some seem to be bugged.

Thanks for your response. I'm happy to know that achievements are not affected! I have to destroy 2 more stations to get a new achievement.

In my opinion the toothpick ships are due to the procedural generation being somewhat limited, hopefully, the current generation process is just a placeholder for one that allows for more realistic and intricate designs.

By the way, I found a file <gamedir>/data/styles/templates.xml It seems to describe 8 different templates which I think could be freighter, trader, miner, fighter, carrier, pirate, station and xsotan (not necessarily in that order). These are just some kind of "limits" of shape, I think. I'm going to try to modify them and see if I can see a diference in the next xsotan ships generation.