Many AI ships make sectors impossible to stay in.

Deathcharge3D

Not sure what triggered it but i let my game sit so a miner can afk mine. After a few hours i checked in and the server was hanging skipping thousands of frames due to 40ships stuck in combat but not doing damage to each other. It seems to update damage very slowly but from watching new ships would jump in before old ones would be destroyed. i was able to jump gate out with my second ship but the neighboring sector had even more ships 50-70 in the same situation in one part of the sector there were just a bunch of cruisers stuck together. surrounding sectors look unaffected from this.

Would there be a way to de-spawn all these extra ships? if not i suppose we can just avoid these sectors but i am afraid that it can happen again if you just stay in a sector for too long, in any case no more afk mining for me.

Not sure what triggered it but i let my game sit so a miner can afk mine. After a few hours i checked in and the server was hanging skipping thousands of frames due to 40ships stuck in combat but not doing damage to each other. It seems to update damage very slowly but from watching new ships would jump in before old ones would be destroyed. i was able to jump gate out with my second ship but the neighboring sector had even more ships 50-70 in the same situation in one part of the sector there were just a bunch of cruisers stuck together. surrounding sectors look unaffected from this.

Would there be a way to de-spawn all these extra ships? if not i suppose we can just avoid these sectors but i am afraid that it can happen again if you just stay in a sector for too long, in any case no more afk mining for me.

pre-release optimisation + weak hardware.

drop your resolution to 1600*900

download process explorer and set up the graphs to track cpu & gpu usage.

It is an 8 slot dedicated server, i will look into what kind of resources they are actually allocating it. At the time i was the only one on. restarting the server would not improve anything.

im not saying it was the server.

im saying it was your pc.

skipping fames like that is most often caused by either the cpu or gfx card on your pc getting choked.