Siegemode's personal Luxury Cruiser (DTU)

siegemode

Today, on "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", we take a look at how galactic billionaires get around town... In style!

I present to you my "Luxury Cruiser", built on my beta branch MP server (DTU).

With over 1.2 million hull and 1.2 million shield (without upgrades), 30k cargo space (without upgrades) and 31k omicron rating, nothing says "Get out of my way, I'm trading here" quite like this ship. The outer hull is entirely Trinium armor with (mostly) Xanion internals. It is decently maneuverable for its size, and utilizes gyros and inertial dampeners.

0aSHxmj.gif

Action Shots:

tMTwlBO.jpg

lQze5Uc.jpg

UGqhsok.jpg

XGR4Mhm.jpg

Elevations:

UtQhAjj.jpg

3LlivYc.jpg

d0VD1CT.jpg

XJ9s9gj.jpg

37uTwtT.jpg

Firepower:

JXGjuiO.jpg

My favorite feature is the Xanion engines, which glow yellow and are designed so that when boosting, the "exhaust" is visible from the nozzle cones. (gif):

6x2aoB3.gif

Details and scale:

0ViAlKr.jpg

1lq3UE7.jpg

mvZMdzF.jpg

BhiJEGW.jpg

Full gallery

XML: SiegeCruiser.xml

Stats overview:

Hull: 1.23 mil

Shield: 1.28 mil (without upgrades)

Cargo hold: 30k (without upgrades)

Firepower: 31k omicron

Crew: 661/3040

Volume: 54.9 mil m3

Mass: 1.26 Mt

Approximate Costs: If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

~12.2 mil credits

~80k Iron/ Avorion (dampener)

~360k Trinuim

~820k Xanion

1 Naonite (optional; green light on top)

P.S. I had a hell of a time making the 3-frame gif above, if anyone can offer some insight to how to make the 360-degree ship gifs I've seen in other threads, please let me know!

Figured it out!

Beautiful is the word that comes to my mouth... Sleek, long, thin, beautiful.

As for gif - smart people (not me, I was fool) use some gif recorder and press P in game for stats screen. In stats screen is model of your ship, that rotates 360degress at constant speed. Record that and there you go...

Thank you everyone for the great replies! If I would have paid attention to the stickies (oops), I would have found this thread which details how to make better gifs. OP updated with new fancy gifs!

The ship is AWESOME and I would love to use it, however there are no thrusters in it when I build it...anyone knows why? and can it be fixed? :o

This ship was built in the latest BETA branch and utilizes directional thrusters (as well as gyros and dampeners) which, to my knowledge, have not yet been implemented in the regular (stable) game.

Info on beta branch and how to access here.