Visual Freeze during Combat

Zauren

I'm running Windows 10 in Full Screen mode; I don't have my specs on me at the moment but will happily supply them later if needed.

An important note that my friend assures me is part of the problem is that I play using a television; it mirrors what is on my monitor, which I keep turned off. This has always caused issues with resolution incompatibility, but my current card can't just hook the TV up directly so I try to deal with it.

Sometimes (Not all the time) when vehicles are being damaged (When the shields are down), the game visually freezes. This has lasted upwards of a minute to two minutes. It is not constant, and very slowly recovers after the incident. Sometimes I shoot small groups of aliens and pirates, I'm not entirely sure what the trigger is outside happening the moment weapons impact another ship. This happens even if I am on the other side of the map and the AI is fighting each other and I am not visually rendering any explosions, unless those are done even if you aren't looking?

What prevents this from ruining the game for me is although the visual freezes, my inputs do not. When it happens, I angle towards a safe direction and drive for a bit, then don't touch anything until it stops. Because ships are so pitifully slow it's been fine. However yesterday this bug happened during a very dangerous situation when I was surrounded by asteroids and had no safe way out. I ended up thumping into one trying to blindly fly and lost my ship. It's honestly my only issue with the game beyond well known ones like dying trying to load a sector, which is already being fixed.

Let me know if I can give any more info. This does not seem to be linked to explosions or railguns, but I think they cause it more often.

I actually finally managed to fix this by setting the resolution of my monitor, my television, and the game to all be the same one, which took a lot of effort on my TV... let that be a lesson people, keep your resolutions in-sync or weird things can happen! Also I need to live with my friend bragging about being right now.