Navigation hotkey and Selective mirroring

AURAequine

Suggestion

Hey all, I've been binge playing Avorion for the past few days and am very impressed with it so far.

Honestly there's not much to suggest except for small things because it already has so much xD

But the small things are always good to have and here are a couple ideas I thought of whilst playing:

Navigation hotkey

One of the tedious things in Avorion is having to turn your ship in every which direction just to target on particular station or object, which can be even more difficult if there is another object in the way, that's where this comes in.

There currently is already a feature of a full sector view by zooming out all the way from your ship, giving a RTS style look (I learned this by the handy hints at the loading screen) but having to zoom all the way out and all the way back in is time wasting and annoying, what my suggestion is, as of now, is to simply have "N" be a hotkey to go straight to this fully zoomed out view immediately, pressing it again would return you back with the same camera orientation as when you left that view.

(A screenshot of the current RTS feature, I cropped and brightened it a little to make it easier to see)

JDqg2L2.jpg

Selective mirroring

Mirroring is pretty important for those of us who like our ships to be symmetrical, but the system is limited a little by the lack of being able to select more than just one axis to mirror, this suggestion is simply a select box style option, similar to "safe mode" or "match block" except for mirroring, and will have an option for X, Y and Z axes accordingly.

But yeah, just some small suggestions, but I feel they will make a big impact on most if not all of us in Avorion.

If you like my suggestions or just a particular one, make sure you reply and/or share it so that it has

more chance to be seen by the devs, they are after all the ones that make the magic happen ;)

1 answer to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

Mirroring by more than one axis at the same time is a very popular demand and will find its way into the game in one of the next updates :)

Almost equally the hotkey for strategy mode is very popular, but here the devs are not sure how to proceed. The strategy mode however needs some work anyway and I will mention your suggestion to the dev working on it.