The Tardis [Non-beta]

AURAequine

Four whole hours and and 498 blocks later I'd finally finished a Tardis that I was happy with.

No laziness was used here :P It took quite some effort though..

The best part is is actually flies like the Tardis! Super fast and nimble, and a little wibbly wobbly :P

The Tardis.. Blue, british and boxy..

JF8MBMr.jpg

All the specs, Specs are cool..

Bt4VEhf.jpg

♪ WeeeEEEEOOOOoooooooooo ♪

Nn9DMFo.jpg

NEW:

But yeah, for those who wanna take her out for a spin, here's the requested .xml file ^-^

Tardis.xml

NOTE: I must note however that there is somewhat of a bug or issue with the Tardis, it flies and is able to stop so fast that after you take off, upon stopping, going into build mode will show the craft shake.. I'm not sure if this has to do with anything timey whimey.. But it's worth mentioning anyways. If you wish to build anything else on it for whatever reason and you experience this shuddering, simply warp to another sector, it should reset the shakey wakey-ness. Well.. until you start moving again..

Tardis flight guide: There are quite a few remarkable flying features about my Tardis creation, the most notable is it's extreme speed and maneuverability when paired with a "Velocity Security Control Bypass", which is absolutely necessary to put the Tardis at it's full potential.

There are a few things to note on how to fly the Tardis best:

1: The Tardis actually accelerates much faster sideways than it does in any other direction, use this to really pick up speed!

2: After picking up speed, the Tardis has the ability to "dart" instantly in almost any direction, simply hold A or D (Strafing) while holding W (Accelerating), as soon as you release A or D, providing you're still going relatively fast and the Tardis has rotated to that new direction, you will dart almost instantly to the new direction your facing, keeping most, if not all your original speed!

3: If you want to arm the Tardis with weapons, use lasers. If you want to have some fun however, use cannons, you will do really fast backflips from the recoil xD Also the Tardis looks really funny when you try using standard chainguns, you will dip and dip with every shot while flying :P

4: The Tardis is not a very good combat ship, but it's a fun one, if you're don't get dizzy that is.. It has minimal shielding and you'll have to apply the darting technique to essentially "triangle" around your enemies, firing with your lasers all the while if you want to take them down. The Tardis's extreme speed and maneuverability will ensure you can get out in a jiffy if you get into trouble.. Most of the time.. 

5: This ship has remarkable stopping power, which it needs considering it flies so fast. But if you need to stop flying super fast, try doing the "dart technique" over and over without pressing A or D. This should reverse your direction each time losing a lot of velocity in the progress.

6: One man ship. That's right, it only needs one Doctor engineer! But it does have space for a couple extra companions crew members to man your other turrets for you, or just for company ;)

EDIT: Unfortunately the super maneuverability is in the main release. The beta's physics really kicks the Tardis right in the console.. It also makes the bottom part of it have big ugly thruster holes.. Will need to do a Tardis 2.0 to work with the Beta's changes..

Man, I wish I could record my flying in this thing, it's so fun an satisflying to take down pirates in a Tardis, and the hilarity of using guns with recoil is hilarious, I used a triple cannon and fired it once, I went right onto a quintuple loop xD

Unfortunately Linux doesn't support Bandicam, OBS works, but for some reason my recordings keeps chopping between my desktop background, and my active window..

EDIT: Wait nevermind, I totally forgot I had Kazam, I'll record a bit, then upload ;)

EDIT2: It's late though, so I'll edit and upload tomorrow..

Sorry for the delay, had some fortunates and unfortunates with my operating systems :/

Unfortunately my original OS died (Kind of.. it was stuck in fallback mode)

Fortunately I still had the disc for the installation

Unfortunately I didn't think to back up the .avorion folder on my old system so I couldn't back up my ships

Fortunately I happened to have the Tardis laying around in a sector of my friend's server so I could save it again!

But yeah, for those who wanna take her out for a spin, here's the requested .xml file ^-^

Tardis.xml

EDIT: I should probably add this to the main post too huh.. I'll do hat now

NOTE: Fly it with a good quality "Velocity Security Control Bypass" upgrade. You will have soooooo much fun with it, it really does fly well, super fast and all wibbly wobbly xD