turrets not shooting until locked on

Exzentrik

Hi,

on my current ship, I have 8/8 armed Turrets, manned by 16/16 Cannoniers (Level 2 & 3).

The Turrets are behaving a litte ... crappy.

For each Turret on my Ship, I get a litte circle indicating where they would shoot at.

If I take an enemy Ship into target and click LMB to fire... nothing happens. First, I have to wave my mouse around until these little Circles hover the Target ship, then they turn green and THEN I can finally shoot.

If I don't have anything in target I can shoot freely and instantly.

What is causing this!? I practically have to sit around all the time in Battle, because when I'm moving it's almost impossible to make the turrets lock on. Is there any switch I have to flick? An Option I don't know about?

*EDIT* These are non-automatic Turrets. They should shoot as soon as I click LMB.

smaller, faster, and more maneuverable ships can often rotate quicker than turrets can track (especially salvagers and miners) so I will often put guns on fast ships onto a direct fire block in order to ignore the tracking speed issue.

This works especially well for designated mining ships with large blocks of mining lasers