About loot and loot owners

Identitools

Suggestion

The most frustrating things in multiplayer is the abundance of "player owned loot" in sectors, they are everywhere, we can't touch it and the owner probably didn't care much.

So, the loot are cramping the servers, does not serve any purpose and i think they should have a timer. If the "loot owner" don't take it, after a certain time, everyone can take it.

Also this makes the vulture play more interesting.

4 answers to this suggestion

Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.

Indeed, if you can't be bothered to loot, or get nudged away from it because you took on more than you could handle, someone should be able to take it. If the npc's can do it, I see no reason to keep things locked to a player for any excessive time... say 20-30 minutes should be more than enough time to get your stuff, or get back to your lost stuff.

Maybe even make a smuggler centric block that can deal with mark and unmark items as stolen and un-tag them from entities.

Base it upon upon a difference in material and quality and the time it has been idle in space(Abandonment at a max time, and hackable after a short time?).

You are forgetting most of those loot floating around are from ppl who were killed while they are off line. It would not be fair or fun to have your ship blown up and loot stolen while you can't do any thing about it!

I believe a lot  of this problem will be fixed when safe sectors are implanted. Then after that maybe a time of 1 full day (24H) after they drop they are available but not before then.

You are forgetting most of those loot floating around are from ppl who were killed while they are off line.

Actually, no. Most of the "this belongs to another" loot is stuff you just got done blasting out of a pirate you slew, or a Xostan.  (or a more normal faction that you simply have a murderboner for)

The stuff from a player's exploded ship being locked to that player?  Sure!  Keep that shit locked for 4 or 5 days even. Hell, lock the wreck too. (Sometimes I don't feel like playing for days after I die, though mostly it's just that my job is exhausting)

The problem is, the shit I should be able to claim from I pirate I solo-killed, but can't because the game decided to award the loot from MY KILL to some peon who is both offline, and on the literal other side of the galaxy?

That's the bullshit that needs to be removed.

Now, a pirate/xostan/whatever, that I and another player actually worked together to kill?  Yeah, some of that is his/hers allright, but the game seems to reserve more of it for the player that is not actively salvaging the wreck.

That's more bullshit that needs to be removed.