Faxtroid's Shipyard - NEW SHIP - LF Serlion

Faxtroid

CORVETTES

LC Galileio

Light Corvete class ship, roughly size of football field, is ment mainly on mining and salvaging operations. Due to low HP, it's better to stay away from fight alltogether, unless you can swap one of those generators for a shield. But at that point, enemies get way over Galileio's league. Enough energy to equip better turret module, 6 hardpoints are installed on hull + 1 on top for armed turret for defensive purposes. Cheap and small.

XML: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5E029AaBBH4R0tvMFltc0tLWk0

Credits  - 6 183

Iron      - 216

Titanium - 1 336

4e0wiug.jpg

EOF3T7X.jpg

k7kauqN.jpg

eUtrZHt.jpg

veshol6.jpg

C4wv4E0.jpg

stats:

VHcYhDS.jpg

HC Dartagnan

Heavy corvette class ship, equipped with 11 hardpoints suited for armed turrets. One of three generator modules accessable from below can be changed to shield generator, leaving enough power for several turret modules. 2 airlocks on sides give easy EVA access to crew if needed, on below for docking. Dartagnan resembles Galileio in many visual ways, yet it's still original.

XML: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5E029AaBBH4MUFZejhJNE1JZkU

Credits  - 28 854

Iron      - 482

Titanium - 4 254

GftIMdb.jpg

wYc5f1z.jpg

AuvHLDq.jpg

b8P7fk1.jpg

MGbwRHm.jpg

NjjBuT3.jpg

stats:

kgraDxi.jpg

FREGATES

LF Serlion

Versatile Light Fregate. It has double the hyperspace reach(5 sectors) unlike basic 2,5 sectors as both Corvettes. It's hull has been fully armoured, including crew quarters. Similiar as Heavy Corvette, it has multiple airlocks for easy access. It has been equipped with 25 hardpoints, equipable with 0,5 size turrets. It's supposed to be Support Fregate with repair turrets, healing Battleships etc; but since there isn't any bigger ship currently in my fleet than Serlion, there is noone to support in battle, so it can stand up for the role of very light Assault Fregate.

XML: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5E029AaBBH4aHEzdVM4Y1Y3VWM

Credits  - 191 213

Iron      - 3 303

Titanium - 7 605

Naonite - 15 845

kdHILRs.jpg

q2VxYHv.jpg

AI4uosN.jpg

6EkgJMS.jpg

3BTQRQ2.jpg

EMbr9ay.jpg

wGIx0f7.jpg

stats:

kZIVH9I.jpg

Outdated ships:

(built in beta where gyros nad inertia dampeners were new thing)

ISS-D Diomedes

66 hardpoints to fit all the weapons you could ever need to destroy your enemies, spacious cargohold for turret making runs, mostly Trinium armored, system blocks are made of Xanium. Observation deck for your not currently working crew to ejoy view on evaporating alien or pirate, over 900 fighter capacity and A LOT of extra unnecessary microblock details(around 4000 extra blocks). Quite sluggish to turn, but what woud you expect from roughly 1,1km long structure..

Built in beta branch with all the new blocks.

XML: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5E029AaBBH4MmpwejJNSjhOVTg

Credits  - 13 780 824

Iron      - 58 476

Trinium - 248 934

Xanion  - 636 900

Mya55gr.jpg

XxynG6Z.jpg

VpxY5Ku.jpg

IHOAVaJ.jpg

jdTQw4s.jpg

Jj3Kzff.jpg

unmanned:

j4C10JT.jpg

manned: (No upgrades installed, and I also forgot to delete 2 extra blocks from here)

7ibH33N.jpg

ISS-MC Sergius

Small vessel oriented on mining/salvaging. 11 hardpoints around the ship to ensure at least several guns can fire on target even in the worst position. Suited for your typical Avorion Captains.  One of those can evaporate 100k asteroid in a few minutes.(assuming you have appropriate mining lasers). Hardpoints are same size like on Diomedes.

XML: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5E029AaBBH4ZDJVYmM5RGpLckk

Credits  - 313 529

Iron      - 2 756

Trinium - 3 588

Xanion  - 21 992

x9gb4IX.jpg

i4zPT80.jpg

H2qRCYF.jpg

wbVSS3X.jpg

YaanwpT.jpg

Kg6ZY0C.jpg

unmanned:

OwF84FV.jpg

manned: (No upgrades installed)

NtKQzPL.jpg

ISS-BS Vulcan

Medium vessel focused only on combat. It's equipped with 38 hardpoints and has highier hyperspace reach than Diomedes. It also has quite extensive shielding and it's almost fully armoured, only lower decks are less protected. It has around 0,5km in length and is not very agile, pretty much like Diomedes. Other than that it's very capable ship.

XML: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5E029AaBBH4dHhaWk43VmxvSWc

Credits  - 3 075 342

Iron      - 8 215

Trinium - 27 276

Xanion  - 223 959

pLNuUq5.jpg

khNunGy.jpg

oYdWdu7.jpg

PpJ5qDm.jpg

ZshtLml.jpg

eUUPTSI.jpg

unmanned:

yhNCkfu.jpg

manned: (No upgrades installed)

WPlKDaQ.jpg

So I added a new ship to OP.. My current fleet consists of 1 Diomedes as Flagship, 2 Vulcans only partially equipped due to lack of modules and 3 Sergiuses equiped each with 11 xanion 47eff identical mining lasers. While they're mining, I and my 2 buddies destroy everything that as much as look the wrong way on us :D By the time we're done, they're usually done too

I hate to triplepost, but after thousand views of this thread, i expected at least some kind of reponse :) I started new galaxy and while taking it very slow, I designed two ships, which are more affordable than those before  ;D I hope someone will find them interesting :) Galileio and Dartagnan are up in the original post.

Well I'll be damned, I didn't even realize that that back kinda looks like it :D One day I'll actually try to make a space car :D

I had some trouble building that dome, nothing was fitting, half the time offset of 0.025... but then I found out, that it's much much much much esier while you have match block option enabled, changing only third dimension did the trick and it was built in 5 minutes, maybe less :) Feel free to copy-paste it, I don't mind  ;)

This might be the first time of using reflector blocks, but from further than a few tens of meters, it just looks like pitch black :D What is actual purpouse of reflector block? Is it only mirror decoration, or does it have any function(or will have)?

tdKnka7.jpg

K8jbhrB.jpg

I have been thinking about changing color scheme, maybe adding one or more shades when I collect them, but so far I have been avoiding combat unles inevitable, only scavenging battle remenants :D though as other ships take loot too, I often end up with a few common and here and there a rare item. Or I am just very unlucky with this playthrough (does Insane difficulty affect item drop rate?)