The Obelisk

MetalX

First off, thanks guys.  Unfortunately I was unable to get it to work, and after two days of trying, I have given up.  I tried all of your suggestions and nothing worked.  I was able to get everything to work, except the links to screenshots.  I have never been defeated like this before.  I have posted screenshots to other sites before, it is not like this is my first time ever or anything.  So, thanks again, everyone for trying.  I do appreciate it.  But at some point one must concede, and that moment is here, for me.  Good luck, have fun.

This is my latest ship, though you have not seen any of the previous ships I have made....yet.

Note: I am working on fixing the links to the screenshots... Unfortunately I could not get the links to work for me, I used the "Insert Image" tool, but that did not work, but the "Hyperlink" tool worked just fine.  So, sadly, you all will just have to live with that until a good samaritan comes by and tells me how to do it correctly(tried google first and it did not provide any help).

The Obelisk -

p4ukR

The Front View

XYcPP

The Rear View

QIYa710

A View of the Bridge.  Also, yay for round things!

vBqKy

Another View of the Front, but this screenshot was taken to showcase the integration of the windows you can see there, which are actually hologram blocks.  The diagonals there, if you will notice, they are connected and flush with the rest of that front plate under and to the side of the armor shield.  Also of note, all the hologram blocks you see, they are not there just for looks.  They are special on this ship in that they are providing access to the inside of the ship. Most of the guts are made of naonite, so I created places on the hull that I could remove and get to the interior, so I can upgrade them when the time comes.

And the Stats:

SweXO

This ship is interesting.  Most of my other ships have been narrow in shape.  Not much room for forward thrusters as there is little surface to deal with.  But with this ship there is plenty of forward surface.  There are tons of thrusters concealed just underneath the front skin of the ship.  Though, it still takes quite a while to stop, from full throttle to dead stop it takes about 15 kilometers.  From Full speed sublight boost it takes about 25 kilometers.

There is a mildly interesting story behind this ship's creation.  Probably not fascinating at all, really.  But while I was building this ship, as all of my ships take a couple days to build, I was at a very safe distance of about 150 kilometers from the nearest object in the system.  I do this to avoid being interrupted.

But this time was different.  The Xsotan were overpowering the system and instead of getting killed or leaving as they have done in the past, they just kept piling up.  Now, ordinarily I would just leave them to it.  But there was a turret factory in this system I very much needed, as they had excellent railguns, chainguns AND launchers. 

So while I was building the ship I kept making it bigger and bigger to deal with the ever growing threat.  In the end there were probably around 100 Xsotan ships.  It was really crazy at first too.  When I first engaged them they were really buggy.  The first 20 or 30 ships would just sit there and spin around all crazy like for a few seconds for things settled down.  I guess I should count myself lucky that the game did not crash and burn and take my CPU with it.

In the end...  I actually do not like flying this ship all that much.  Hardly my favorite.  The ships is fine, actually.  It is the camera angle that I have a problem with.  It is weird.  You can adjust the point of view and while you navigate in that direction, the ship itself does not orient to the cursor.  So while firing guns, the attack is directed at the cursor but this is not actually pointed at the cursor.  So the whole thing just feels "off".

In fact, my mining lasers were originally down on the front panel, grouped with my other weapons.  But because of the way the camera works I had to move them to the top of my ship.  A decision I did not like, I absolutely hate placing turrets directly on my hull.  I always want a hardpoint of some kind for every turret.

Shame too, because I really like the design of this ship.  Were it not for the funky camera controls I would enjoy it a whole lot more.

And lastly, my inspiration was this: http://www.solcommand.com/2013/11/tagawa-battleship-wip.html

I do massive searches before building any ship to get inspiration.  I think I followed this one pretty close.  Perhaps too close?.  I was nearly ashamed to even share my creation, because, is it really my creation?  This ship is the only ship I have built that followed the inspiration so closely.  This one toes the line between "inspired by" and "copy of".

Flickr is notorious for not wanting you to link pictures anywhere without including the full link so they can do all their tracking and advertising and such :)

It won't even allow you to actually see the full size picture unless you have javascript enabled.

If you really want to do an include of a picture from flickr in an image link, open the source code for the page you have your picture on, and look for "og:image", that will give you the link to an actual picture.

Or do a 'view page info' if you use Firefox, and there should be picture links in there as well.

For you for instance, that'd give this one:

32618570124_ee9254d849.jpg

PS: I expected the Eve Obelisk! :D But this is nice as well!

All broken piccers noooooo

Hey, tell me how to do it correctly, PLEASE!!!

Thanks, I will try again and thanks to the poster that followed you as well.

Edit:  Dang it!  I tried to upload to photobucket instead and got the same result.  I may try another site, I guess.  Though, this has been a terrible experience so far, unfortunately.  But you all have tried to help and that I do appreciate.

Final Edit: Okay, I tried Photobucket and Imgur both and I got the same results.  I am about to give up.  There is one more thing I may try though, I request the sites you all are using, I am betting it is not Photobucket or Imgur.  If you all rattle off some other sites, I will give those a try before I give up entirely, finally.

Thanks in advance.

And by the way, I am salty as heck that you were able to get a screenshot of it up but I wasn't.