[Mod Req/Question]

Cyprillius

So Avorion is a great game with a even better concept. But what really breaks the immersion and complicates other tasks is the sectors unloading after a player leaves to another sector. I did look into this and searched for a solution (Editing the sector unloading times from 300 second to whatever you like) but if someone is trying to explore or do a long distance trade run this will eat up ram/cpu.

Today on my train ride home I thought what if someone with a little more coding know how could create a mod to fix this. My idea was that for example each player is entitled to a specialized block and only one of said block. This block while present in a sector would keep the sector and that sector alone active. Making it possible for stations to produce goods and miners to continue mining while the player can explore the rest of the galaxy doing various things. I was wondering if this was at all possible and if so I might try giving coding a go.

Thanks in advance

-Cypril

The problem with keeping sectors loaded all the time is simply that it clogs up resources. With every loaded Sector your sector -the player sector- will have less resources and ultimately become laggy.

On another note: It is currently not possible to keep Sectors loaded from an API-based modding perspective.