Color wheel "web" selector

AURAequine

Suggestion

After reading some threads on the color selectors (Such as theHex paint color menu: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1404.0.html), I had an idea as to how something similar might be implemented without deminishing the whole looting colors aspect. I propose a color wheel that's in sections, or what I'd call a "Color web", though I'm sure it's proper definition would just be color wheel anyways, but yeah.

QrsNuv0.png

The main purposes of this wheel/web is to:

- Allow for easy and quick color selection.

- Doesn't eliminate color looting.

- Lets you know what colors you are missing.

- Easy to define color harmonies (Complimentary, analogous, triadic, etc.).

I've only completed most of the concept image, but enough to give the general idea of how it'd be.

Each row goes from most value (brightest) at the center, to least value (darkest) at the edge, and the rows come in pairs of hues, one fully saturated (Which I defined with "S" on the image) and the other half saturated ("HS" on image), of course this part could easily be obsolete if there were multiple color wheels or webs you could cycle through, each with more saturation than the last.

Around the wheel the hue is increased by a certain increment to get the range of colors needed. so it is a proper color wheel. Though I'm sure those of you who do art would probably already know much about this.. I understand that this "concept" color web would be far too small to color all of the colors, if this were implimented it'd have to be either divided into multiple circles, or made much bigger and segmented.

Anyways, How would this selection tool still allow for the joy of looting new colors? Well that's where those colors with the marks through them comes in, those colors that are yet to be unlocked, the one with the white glow on the outside is the current color you have selected, with each color unlock you can then select the color and it won't have the marks anymore! :D

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet