I'm an accidental criminal in the starter zone.

GamerShanksi

Was shooting pirates. I like doing that  :). Saw a 'red' ship getting away. I boosted towards it and blasted it to pieces. Unfortunately the ship was apparently friendly. My ship was then slowly dismembered by multiple lasers and projectiles that hurt. Now I'm No. 1 bad guy and everyone hates me  :'(. Sniff. I'm now floating around in my drone not sure what to do next. I am on the Official EU server BTW.

EE384E286027D7610A38732C5441EF4A4FD1EB84

It's actually fairly easy to get reputation back from a faction that doesn't like you.

My advice is to make a small craft that's nimble and quick, and warp into many sectors with mass (Yellow dots if you have the radar upgrade equipped) and find those really big non-material asteroids, claim them, then sell it to the faction that doesn't like you. Sure you might not get much money from it now, but that's not the point. Point is you get lots more rep and less money if your relations with them are bad, so just sell 'em some asteroids, they'll warm up to you pretty quickly ;)

Another way of gaining reputation is to dodge all their ships, and kill the pirate invasions. You'll get positive rep with them if you do, and then once you hit "Mistrustful" try and find trading posts and resource traders from that faction. Buying and selling also raised your reputation with them.

I've actually managed to befriend some pirates that way :)

Another way of gaining reputation is to dodge all their ships, and kill the pirate invasions. You'll get positive rep with them if you do, and then once you hit "Mistrustful" try and find trading posts and resource traders from that faction. Buying and selling also raised your reputation with them.

I've actually managed to befriend some pirates that way :)

While i purged at least 5 pirate sectors XD