Avorion Script Tutorial Request

Ethentianknight

This mainly goes out to Aki, who seems the most active and knowledgeable scripter for avorion (save Koonschi)

I was hoping a general command list or beginners guide to avorion modding could be compiled and shared so that new players that want to make heads of the existing scripts and tweak their servers would have a decent reference.

I have a background in c# and i have been poking around in the scripts, but I'd like a bit more direction into the inner workings.

Protip: Use lua.  8)

But seriously, right now there isn't a lot to write about. What I am doing is simply reading and analysing what I see. Wait for the API documentation which will be hopefully released one day.

I really don't see anything special I could share with you, but if you have some specific questions then just ask. Someone will answer them for sure.

I was looking for a script description too and found nothing so far. I read somewhere that it exists inside the game folder but this seems not to be true if using the demo application. Silly me - found it in the meantime

As a kickstarter backer I am hoping to get enlightened in July 2016  8)