Sector Loading Protection? Doesn't Work.

Armitige

After not being able to play for almost a month because of the ridiculous sector loading deaths (something that should have been fixed a long time ago). I log in today hopeful I can finally play the game again and rescue all my modules/guns and wreckage that's been trapped for the last month by pirates.

I jump to the sector, wait the usual 5-10 minutes (yes, 5-10 minutes is usually how long it takes me to load a sector that has ANYTHING in it, ships, stations, asteroids, even the smallest group of ships causes these idiotic load time) expecting to be able to come up fighting, and finally get my chance to avenge the destruction of the ship I so proudly built and the deaths of the full level 3 crew that died to this stupid bug.

Guess what?

I died again before the sector loaded. That's right, my ship was completely destroyed YET AGAIN because of this completely ridiculous bug. So, I guess I'm stuck not being able to play for another month or 2 hile you guys sort out what you didn't do in this patch.

Moved to Troubleshooting, btw.

System Specs would be nice, as well as the logs. Infos for the logs are in the link on bugs in my signature.

And if you are playing on a non-local server your bandwidth could be of interest.

Don't have access to the server logs, it's not my server. I'm in Australia and play (played) on a US server with friends. It's not an issue with bandwidth, because the game doesn't go anywhere near using my bandwidth. The server does, however, send a ridiculous amount of data while loading sectors. I'm talking hundreds of megabytes. And it does it slowly. It's also not an issue with the server's bandwidth, I had the friend running it check that out.

My guess is it's to do with high latency. But even then, that's not the issue.

The sector loading protection not working is the issue, irrespective of my bandwidth, system specs, the server's bandwidth and system specs. Isn't the sector loading protection supposed to stop exactly what's happening? And it wasn't like I had a small ship, it had 300k hull hp and over 800k shields. You really think that should get destroyed instantly upon loading a sector? I could hear my ship explode when the "Press space to continue" screen popped up, kinda like my ship was being attacked and destroyed while the sector was loading...

clientlog_Wed_Mar_22_05-32-14_2017.txt

DxDiag.txt

Have you tried just starting a new galaxy? 5-10 minutes is completely ridiculous.

It's been that way since the server started. Myself and one other person that play on the server experience this every time we enter a sector that contains any kind of entities, it doesn't have to even be a large amount, 2-3 ships will cause it. Also, we get insane lag whenever pirates or aliens warp into sectors we're in. Specially those that already have a lot of entities in them.

Did you try any other servers? One of my players has really weird problems with things taking way too long, and their ping times just climbing from 100 to 50000, everyone else doesn't have any issues.

It could be some problem with there being a NAT on both sides, for instance. Some ISPs screw with that so having a TCP control connection with a UDP data connection can be a total mess, and you'll get 1 packet per timeout.

There's 6 people that play on the server, 3 guys from EU, 2 from the US, and me from Australia. Myself and 1 of the guys from the states experience these issues constantly, he also has high latency (usually over 300ms). No one else on the server has the issue. It could be something to do with routing, but I can't see it being related to NAT.