Factory Problem

Splutty

I'm building production chains with factories, and I've run into a rather annoying problem.

I'm not sure whether this is by design, or just something that's overlooked (I'm going to fix it to my liking in the factory file anyway), but just putting this here.

A factory will stop producing *any* goods as soon as only *one* of the resulting products has filled their particular storage.

This is especially noticeable in such factories as the Gas Collector, where you can collect 5 types of gas. Only you can't, because if one of them is maxed out, none of the others will refill.

So if for example you only need Neon, you're out of luck, since once you get all the Neon from the factory it will never refill unless you empty out the other 3 gas types as well.

+ to that. That is an annoying problem. Probably means that game checks if all of the goods have spare cargo space and than runs the script which makes one run.

Looking at scripts/lib/productions.lua now - is that the place to attempt fixing that? can't see how that can be done yet.

Funny thing is i ran into that thing just today while trying to get absolutely the same: Neon from the Gas Collector =D

Sometimes i feel like forum is some sort of collective mind which uses telepathy to know what i am thinking about.

I mean, thanks for posting this, since i was too lazy to start a thread myself.

I believe there is a reason for factories to work this way. For instance, look at Accelerator production. Factory produces three different items by using prerequisite materials. If it kept working despite one of three products being capped, that would mean massive losses. I guess the way to fix it would be to to remove this limitation from tier 1 production, which basically generates goods for free.