velocity bar is not active with Velocity Security Control Bypass upgrade

robberer

Hi,

i don't know if this is a bug, but yesterday i've put a "Velocity Security Control Bypass" system upgrade onto my ship for the first time.

I've noticed that while having this module on the ship the velocity bar (first bar, center top of the screen) isn't working. It simply shows nothing as when i'm not accelerating/decelerating.

The velocity bar isn't really a velocity bar, it just shows you what percentage of your max speed you're traveling at, and flashes white if you're above it by boosting.

The velocity bypass sets your max speed to 30,000,000, aka light speed. Even if you make a ship that's one big engine, you will never go fast enough to light up one blip due to magic space air fiction.

The max speed I've gone by giving myself 14 engine modules and one velocity bypass is 500,000, which is not even 2%, and won't even show up on the bar.

Yeah, indeed wm46' answer makes sense. So, i would say also that it is not a bug.

It's a lack of information about current ships velocity.

In my past playtime i ALWAYS missed a velocity indicator for my ship.

In numerical values not as a bar. And I mean velocity indicators for every direction. Not just forward/backward thrust. I think it should be part of the HUD like it is done in "Evochron Legacy" . There I always see on the HUD how the ship is moving and where i have to put counter thrust in INERT mode. But thats for the suggestion forum. :-)

EDIT: (i know i can get that info for forward velocity by switching into the drone, selecting my ship, and switiching back to my ship), but that is to less and complicated to control your ship in INERT mode , during a fight, with the new flight controls introduced with the latest patch

or just hold shift and middle click on it, or if  your crosshair is over top of your ship when turning

This is a practicable solution. But the developer got it even better done for total velocity (screenshot attached)  8)

With different velocity indicators (horizontal, vertical, forward, backward, total) it would be better but i understand that Avorion is not a space (flight) sim.