Hyperspace cooldowns and hyperspace calculation wait times

howardxu23

I'd have to say please don't...

Immersion wise it makes complete sense to have it take more time to calculate far away points versus hopping a sector over. I hate seeing everything being instant this or instant that just to get to the next thing to get the game done. I don't even care if I ever get to the end of all the quests or story lines anytime soon TBH. I'll get there eventually...

It also gives that lovely "Hollywood" tension trying the get the heck out of dodge as shots are flying all around and the shields are failing and I'm shouting for it all to get there so I can live to fight another day.

I like that I have to be on high alert jumping into strange places. (would love to see the constant need to reset the independent targeting fixed to help with that) Knowing I'm going to have to survive a possible fight before I can warp back out of a sector is a nice deterrent.

It's frustrating when you're on your lonesome just hanging out or trying to get back from the backwater holes in the wall, but then again the tedium of the vastness of space is what it is; it's part and parcel of the core game.

I'd hate to lose that for gamey game sake...

Cheers..!

i would like to see the computer blocks contribute to hyperspace calculation times. even if its only a little bit.

i would also like to see hyperspace energy use tied to the distance jumped. i understand that ripping a hole in space big enough for a ship to fall through probably takes up most of the energy, but a 1 sector jump shouldnt fully drain the hyperspace energy of a ship thats capable of 20 sectors unaided. i do like the idea that it has to be fully charged to initiate a jump, but shorter jumps shouldnt use the full bar if you can do longer ones.

The computer blocks shaving a little time makes sense TBH...

We have cards and blocks for distance and time for recharging so it should be a thing. Kinda surprised it's not.

As long as it's never instant I'd be fine with something like that.

Mods will likely make instant a thing once all that gets going, which will make everyone happy.

Or at least closer to happy...