[Forum Bug] Messages are not given even when set manually

Mattes

Thats the next point: I have no Idea where to find them. Further, if I have to search them, the notifications are missing their right to exist, since I could just search through all of my topics in that same time.

I went to bed :) But it worked fine for me. This is what I got in my mail:

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Mattes.

View the reply at: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=3088.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by using this link: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?action=notify;topic=3088.0

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,

The Avorion Forum Team.

PS: Pretty sure the 'notify' is only supposed to work through email, so if you have that turned off, or haven't supplied an email, then no, this of course won't work.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/notifications

Every forum ive signed up for has an internal notification system. You log in, and somewhere (generaly near where forum supported private message notifications are displayed) there is a visual indication of new notifications that when clicked on, will display a navigatable list of notifications.

Email notices are just one more thing to clog your inbox, especially on active threads, or if you follow a dozen at once.

Every forum ive signed up for has an internal notification system. You log in, and somewhere (generaly near where forum supported private message notifications are displayed) there is a visual indication of new notifications that when clicked on, will display a navigatable list of notifications.

Email notices are just one more thing to clog your inbox, especially on active threads, or if you follow a dozen at once.

If you read the manual page I linked, this one doesn't :)

I agree it would definitely help, though!

If you read the manual page I linked, this one doesn't :)

I agree it would definitely help, though!

Since this apparently isn't a bug, maybe someone could move this to the suggestions forum and change the Title.

ok, so if you go to profile/account settings/notifications, you can see a list of what you have subscribed to. it doesnt indicate if there are new posts on the threads, but its better than trying to remember a dozen threads and missing that one relevant message posted to a thread thats been inactive for two weeks.

only email...  wow. at least the post entry box is nice.