19MT70's Builds - 'Sector Runner' Exploration Vessel

19MT70

I've got multiple works in progress but being a truck driver cuts deeply into my free time. Here's a small project I hashed together in a hurry, what I'm calling a 'Sector Runner' Exploration Vessel, aka SREV.

euMe5b4.jpg

Cost

Credits 264774

Iron 3600

Titanium 8884

Naonite 18400

While the looks are slapped together for the most part I am happy with how it came out overall, particularly since it looks like it does what I designed it for -- to jump into higher tier sectors to find secret stashes and claimable asteroids, salvage the occasional wreck and/or mine a few asteroids and then get the heck out of there before overpowering enemies arrive.

The stats are something else I am happy with. While it does not have a huge amount of thrust it stops on a dime and has a generous energy pool so you can boost almost constantly when necessary. It turns and rolls very well, especially compared to similar builds I have seen here and has a decent base shield rating which shines with a rare or better shield booster. It has a base jump range of 7, too, so it has legs for its size. Further, it has 4 slots which I plan on filling with a hyperdrive booster, shield booster, object detector and mass sensor for my purposes.

I do not think it would make a terrible autonomous mining vessel for mid tier use in sectors you plan on loitering in, either.

Sector_Runner_Final.xml

This is a lovely little vessel, I really like designs that look utilitiarian yet maintain visual interest through modest complexity, and this fits the bill perfectly.  Well done.

Thanks. For my own use today I ramped up one to Trinium and Xanion and it was a marked improvement over the base version.

I have on my single player, I removed the middle 2 armour plates on the bottom and stuck it there then added a few slops so it matches the gryo on the top.

It's only a 5.6 reach though.

Still better than base.  ;)

That looks really cool, I might take some inspiration for my next vessel if you don't mind :) I really like those four side pods, something I once tried, bur it ended up really horribly :D

Please do. At this point pretty much everyone is inspired by another ship design.

Be warned I rushed and forgot to avoid the .5 grid so probably best to deconstruct and copy on a better grid setting.