GUI scaling

Pob

Is it possible to get some form of UI scaling?

It doesn't need to be a sliding scale, just a smaller option for those of us who are on lower res monitors or who want it.

I'm on a 1680x1050 monitor and I find the GUI at that res is too big, esp after seeing it at 2560×1440 that's  the size I want my GUI

just to see what I mean

1680x1050 http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/82591828976644180/1D0B2AB6BBE24E2DD59E83275C2CAF166765FB1F/

2560x1440 http://i.imgur.com/nZRp6dP.jpg

The GUI elements are the same size just on the higher res they take up far less space.

It'd need a smaller font and icons, just trying to place turrets can be a bit awkward some times as the windows get in the way on lower resolutions.

Minecraft and it's GUI scale options are a good example to look at for what I mean.

I'm on a 43" 4K TV and the UI is huge... With all this real estate, I can't have two windows open without half of them off the screen somewhere. It would be awesome to have a scaler to set the windows at 75% or so of what they are so I could have say the trade window open along side my cargo hold inventory...

Yes please...

Cheers..!

Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this, however

I'm on a 43" 4K TV and the UI is huge..

Sorry but in pc term those numbers are meaningless, what resolution are you running the screen at?  what resolution are you running the game at?

A true 4k tv should be 3840x2160 resolution so if you run Avorion at that resolution you should be fine as currently the menus seem to be fixed pixel dimentions.

Although many cheaper TV's are only actually 2560x1440, ie 4 times the pixels of 1280x720 (720p) so should actually be called QuadHD

• 1 month later...

I have just bought this game and within 10 minutes of playing I've registered on the forum specifically to add my vote to this thread.

Running a 4k monitor and I need a magnifying glass to see what the text says.  I'm too old, too blind and too cranky to peer at my screen every 20 seconds. 

Loads of people run 4k monitors these days - not to mention general preference to re-size UI - big oversight to not include this.  Please add soonest!!!