max decay of ship/stations without mechanics?

darkconsole

is there a limit to how far the health of a ship can go down if it has no mechanics on board? i am mothballing my cuiser beacuse its 1.5mil each hour and i just cannot afford it for some reason.

right now i have it parked with no staff except mechanics and the military required to organize them and its still costing me out the arse.

i'd rather pull the entire crew but i don't want it to randomly explode one day.

even at 30% mechanics which is the marker where the performance category goes from red to orange, its losing health as a stupid rate.

it would be nice if it at least stops decaying at like 50% or something. i dont understand how a completely idle ship can just die. maybe add a full off switch in the systems power panel?

Blow up? Really? Never had any issues with lots of non-crew-filled husks flying around... ok, they will loose HP, but dont get destroyed by itself... on the other hand its a creative universe, maybe thats the difference?

So my suggestion @OP is strip the crew and park it in an empty sector where it can set dust until you need it again... Sector freezes after leaving, no pirates will come and your ships is save.

Why are you 'mothballing' it? I don't quite understand the concept.

Just take off the crew, all the turrets, etc, save the ship, and tear it all down to refund the materials.

If you want to get it back, just build a 1 block ship at any shipyard and apply the save.

Why are you 'mothballing' it? I don't quite understand the concept.

Just take off the crew, all the turrets, etc, save the ship, and tear it all down to refund the materials.

If you want to get it back, just build a 1 block ship at any shipyard and apply the save.

super simple: my mothballed transport keeps my dangerous goods safe while i fly around in search for other components without worrying about Transportation Licences!

Aaah :) In that case you could just make a supply depot ship :) Should cut down on the mechanics quite a bit.

Also are you using level 3 specialized mechanics? And how many do you have.. 1.5M would be over 1000 if I'd had a guess.

Reading darkconsoles posts... I feel yah. I do not know.

I do totally get your need to have cool shit in the home sector. I also totally get the cost. I usually do most of my design in creative from an rp standpoint "in my holographic design platform".

I'm not sure anyone that posted to your thread actually thoroughly read your posts.

Sorry I'm not able to provide more info but now I want to test it!!!!