HELP!!! Xsotan Swarm.

Ghozt

Okay, so I set up a few mines, and built a Gas Collector, and there are now over 80 of the Xsotan in the sector. Not a supper big deal, but i cannot engage them because it crashes the server every time. Any way to get rid of them, or is there a way to kill them all at once, or something, it is unplayable as it is.

It's probably possible to remove them with a /run command, but you would probably have to script that yourself or find someone who can, I haven't come across it yet atleast.

What you can do against it is increasing the time in eventscheduler.lua and the xsotan and pirate lua files, this will keep them from clogging up when you are not actively destroying them.

How the settings are by default is not very lenient on that, they will just keep spawning untill your game crashes.

You can also look into Darkconsole's event balancer, which is a lot more dynamic and realistic concerning the mob spawns.

In Single Player, or if you're admin, it's always possible to destroy ships.

WARNING: Make a backup, use at own risk, etc, if you don't know what you're doing!

This script will destroy your target, make VERY VERY sure your target is what you want to destroy, since if it's your ship, it'll destroy your ship, if it's a factory, it'll destroy that...

/run local target = Entity().selectedObject; target:destroy(target)

Paste that into your chat. Destroy them one by one until they're down to a manageable level. (Yes, you can also destroy them all at once, but I'm not going to put that script out there, and the people that know how to will know what not to do. lol)