AI for non-combatants

Spacefaring_Guy

Suggestion

Merchants, cargo haulers, etc should all jump out of sector when a large battle starts. Or, if it's their home sector and has a military outpost, they could optionally opt to cluster near that for protection.

And if any ships do leave the system, it should be presumed news of the war gets out, escalating the odds of scavenger ships jumping in after battle to loot the battlefield.

5 answers to this suggestion

But... But... That loot is mine...

And I will blow you out of the figurative sky to get it.

Best be making like your other AI brethren and move along.

Unless making me more loot is your thing.

Then by all means, come on in, the space dust is fine...

;D

Cheers..!

Well, I'd think there'd be a significant delay (based on game difficulty) before the scavengers showed up. Takes time to load up your ship, wake the crew, and get to the target sector!

Nonsense...

Who said they were allowed to sleep..?

I've caught myself more than once wondering why no sector ships come out and salvage, pick up cargo floating around etc. Especially true in a faction war when a freighter captain tells the crew "nah, we'll be fine" the night before trying to traverse an enemy sector and getting all their collective buttockal regions blasted into the heavens. If twer my sector, a freighter would be hanging out poised and ready to collect any cargo spoils ASAP.

And life boats/escape pods... What happened to all that crew my futuristic totally automated I'd actually just need like 5 people to fly but instead I have 50 dufusses hanging around the ship keeping me from getting to the galley and back..??

Do electron crewmen dream of electric Heaven/Valhalla/Space Dust Central when they die and are entombed on whatever craft they're on because there's no way out..? (There's no way out of here when you're in you're in for good... What a great battle cry that would make, eh..?) I'd so like to see life pods as a cargo drop from a ship that gets blown up...

But, I digest...

Cheers..!