Trouble with the equipment merchant

Harclubs

same waiting for mobile equipent merchant.

It's been over 10 hours of gameplay and the merchant has still not spawned. I've had masses of mat merchants, even a trader and turret merchant or two. But no equipment merchants at all. Is it a bug or a terribly unlucky RNG?

It may be an idea to have the item spawn on stationary equip merchants because just tooling around at the rift's edge stops being fun after an hour or two.

Waited for that stupid equipment merchant to spawn...

Why..? Go find a battle. There are literally tons of equipment waiting for you to pick up out in the vastness of spaaaace....

Or just wait. Wait for Pirates to show up in a busy sector. One with ships from a faction patrolling. Any one will do.

Pirates fight the forces in the sector. Pick out one ship. Or wait until one ship is left going down fast. Fire at that ship, make sure you hit it at least once. Profit. You'll get a reward for cash.

Buzz around and pick up any drops that are floating around from any battle anywhere. No need to fight, just fly...

Get to a faction war system and zip through the carnage.

Hang out long enough in any sector and both Pirates and Aliens will spawn at the same time. You don't have to fight, but you can still pick up the turret drops. Do make sure to tag at least one Pirate for that reward though. As you get weapons, use the Pirates as target run practice before you head out on your own.

Head towards the center as soon as you can. Seriously... Onward and Inward, ASAP. Better drops and higher Pirate helper rewards. I'm in my original system till I get a ship built an Alien spawn or two and then I never see it again. The guns you get in the beginning are usually enough to get going, it isn't long before you're popping cards and playing mix and match with more turrets than you'll ever use.

Honestly, having cards and turrets is the least of my worries. Any turret ship/station I come across is a gravy boat. It's finding a Research Center to start churning them into potent potables that proves much more difficult for me...

Cheers..!

because just tooling around at the rift's edge stops being fun after an hour or two

I think he's already made it to the galactic core rift, but is struggling to get the artifact you need from the travelling equipment merchant to actually get into the core.

because just tooling around at the rift's edge stops being fun after an hour or two

I think he's already made it to the galactic core rift, but is struggling to get the artifact you need from the travelling equipment merchant to actually get into the core.

Yep, still waiting. Sat in a single sector salvaging wrecks for 3 hours yesterday. got 2 turret merchants come through and about 4,323,542 pirates. I think the the aliens ate the equip merchant  :P :'(

Ah... This I understand.

That ship only shows up a handful of times for me, usually in the first system when I have a couple quarters in my pocket.

Cheers..!

It's now moving beyond a joke. Been 25 hrs of gameplay since I got the 7th piece. Have salvaged over 1,000,000 tons of Xan, and another 1,000,000 tons of the rest. Had over 1000 drops. Can't really build my ship because with the trading nerf, crew costs can't really go over 1,000,000Cr an hour.

Seen at least a dozen traveling salesfolk in that time, which strikes me as way too low (one every 2 hrs of play is nowhere near enough), and uncountable numbers of hostiles.

Frustrating your players is not a good way of building a base of dedicated fans.

If you are playing singleplayer then you can 'cheat' the artifact if you want to using the following code:

/run Player(callingPlayer):getInventory():add(SystemUpgradeTemplate("data/scripts/systems/teleporterkey4.lua", Rarity(RarityType.Legendary), Seed()

You might have to replace the number after teleporterkey with the appropriate one for the merchant artifact.

If you are playing singleplayer then you can 'cheat' the artifact if you want to using the following code:

/run Player(callingPlayer):getInventory():add(SystemUpgradeTemplate("data/scripts/systems/teleporterkey4.lua", Rarity(RarityType.Legendary), Seed()

You might have to replace the number after teleporterkey with the appropriate one for the merchant artifact.

Well, can't you use the "run"-command to simply spawn the merchant, too? Something like

/run "data/scripts/entity/merchants/travellingmerchant.lua"

Well, maybe there are some parts missing...

That could certainly be a possibility. I have to admit that I took the snippet I posted from Dinosawer and that I am not very familiar with the scripting :)

Nah, we are not scripting yet... :P

Well, the command looks a little different, I just found this reference:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=777.0

Take a look at reply #3, according to koonschi the syntax is:

/run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")

with Entity = Player or Sector (I think Sector is more likely) and replace the script here with the script I posted earlier. It should work somehow then.

Thanks everyone, I'll give those a go but my computer skills aren't what they should be. The main purpose of my rant is to let the devs (and others) know that that part of the quest line to get to the centre is a tad annoying at this point.

It may be an idea to have one of these artifacts spawn on stationary merchants every so often, but charge double to the price?

Wouldn't you know it, an equipment merch spawned a few minutes after I gave up trying to do those scripts.  And he didn't have the artifact. So I logged out and back in again. And he still didn't have what I wanted. Did it another dozen or so times, which makes me  think that there is a specific merch who sells. I remember one of the travelers told me of an artifact selling merch in the area but I can't remember where.

If it isn't a specific merch then this can't just be RNG hiccups, it's God having a little joke at my expense...

I've done it! Thanks to my 13yo son took pity upon me when he saw me tearing my already sparse hair from my head so he went looking for a way to help me.

He found a nice little script thingy on Reddit

/run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")

Which brings up an icon on your screen next to the insurance and lets you do all manner of things. Anyhow, I spawned in a merchant, got my artifact, made my way to a crossing point, was on my second ship when guess who shows up? Another merch with an artifact in his inventory. This also means that it was RNG god who was messing with me before...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone  :)