Confused about the Center (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Griffon

Hey guys,

So, I have to admit I am quite confused about things in the center of the galaxy. Not 0,0, but the surrounding sectors of 0,0. All I find is breeding stations, which drop nothing, and a bunch of huge barren wrecks. These wrecks don't read to have resources of any sort (though I haven't begun to salvage any). Am I missing something here? Should I try to salvage the wrecks? The sectors are all pretty disappointingly empty, and I can't help but think I have got to be missing something. Anyone care to tell me what that is? Thanks in advance.

Hi Griffon.

I felt a little bit the same way, despite the fact that the game is still in early release, i started to feel sorta listless once defeating the guardian a few times.  However, the large factions are in the middle as well and they have all the same amenities as the outside.  Problem is, i've found most, if not all factions in the middle were abhorrent relations.  Finding their headquarters where all their good facilities are (they won't talk to you) can be difficult.  Gaining favor with them will require some resolve.  (sell asteroids in nearby sectors or defend against xsoltan while they attack you)

I've read (not sure which thread) that manufactured Turrets are the best in game.  Turret Manufacturers provide improved quality by element (up to avorion) in the center.  I've found and made friends with factions with Turret manufacturers at 52 from center and they only provided Orgonite Turrets.  So i'm assuming that will need to be inside 50 to be Avorion.  Just a guess, but i bet i'm right.

Anyway, if your power playing your way on your server to OPness.  Manufactured Avorion Turrets made at facilities near center are apparently the way to go.  So put on your nicest hat and try to make friends.  :) 

First off, thanks for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate. I have recently discovered the wonders of manufactured turrets, and I certainly don't think I can ever live without them again. They're just so so so so superior in every way to dropped turrets. Thanks for the advice!

• 1 month later...

I have found that the massive wreckages near the center are actually station wreckages that contain LARGE quantities (sometimes millions) of resources and also sometimes goods. If you select the pieces of the wreck, most of them will show no resource count, but they can still be salvaged normally. Look for core blocks like generators, etc. as they give the most resources and money when salvaged. Typically, one piece of the wreck can be selected and it will show the resource count and any goods in its cargo holds. I'm pretty sure this is a bug where the one 'chunk' of the wreckage displays the resource counts for ALL of that station's wreckage chunks (it seems to mostly effect stations). However, the blocks that show resource counts are the only chunks that will actually contain cargo (from what I have experienced) so I typically find and focus on those. Resource counts are visible from 5km away, but you have to be within 0.5km to see any cargo on board. Cargo salvaged from these wrecks isn't considered stolen, so its pretty much free money laying about in space. Being that these are stations, they typically have a LOT of cargo and they can quickly fill your cargo hold!

Also in this region are Resistance Outposts, which are part of the main quest line to defeat the end boss. These outposts are typically closer to the center than any other faction stations and I have seen an instance where one spawned as a turret factory. Due to its proximity to the core, the turret factory had a high tech level and therefore produced some VERY powerful Avorion turrets.

My impressions of this area is that we are experiencing the aftermath of the Xsotan invasion and the wrecks are the remains of the factions that once inhabited these areas. After conquering the area, the Xsotan set up their breeder farms. I remember hearing somewhere in the story that the Xsotan consumed everything as they went, which is why the breeders look like asteroids. The asteroids (and everything else) are being consumed to produce new Xsotan ships. I wouldn't be surprised to see missions to destroy breeders or special loot or resources that can drop in the future as the game continues being developed.

Some Screenshots:

No resources shown:

YFr6utd.jpg

All the resources and cargo:

UMpCGXt.jpg

Looks like this was a Chemicals Factory

MANY resources:

U76ysAL.jpg

A Solar Power Plant wreckage

Salvaging resources, even though it says there are none:

qs8ZAlh.jpg