No more "stick" ships

NathanS48

Suggestion

Anyone who has played this game knows about the dreaded ships that are as thin as you can make them. They are incredibly hard to hit unless you got lasers or whatnot, and they are just generally annoying. Does anyone else think they should be taken away and hidden in the closet forever?

Side note: When I see factions using a lot of stick-like ships, I literally do my best to kill them all

2 answers to this suggestion

[...] I really hate those (IMO) stupidly long Xsotan ships (yeah, the ones that spin). I don't even know if it's possible to eliminate the code of those crap ships in lua scripts, but I'd prefer to know if that would affect achievements (yes is what I'm afraid I expect)

By the way... Come on! Anybody inside those large things would die instantaneously due to high centrifugal force. Just imagine the huge mess inside those ships: the kitchen! the bathroom!!! Nobody would build a ship like that  >:(

I post something similar before. I'm completely agree with you, I hate those ridiculous long ships, but actually I have not engaged toothpick ship recently, I thought they had dissapeared... I been playing in a multiplayer server, though.

These ships spin about wildly and its funny the first time you see it, but then it get annoying after taking out fleets of these.  Generally it should be possible to break these ships in half at the center of mass but this does not seem to work all the time. 

If I am far more massive I will start them spinning and then let them collide with me, but thats terribly risky.  It would be nice to use a push or pull beam to hold them steady while I obliterate them.