Need some building Tips - Projekc: Destiny -Stargate

Frownwarrior

Hey Guys

I'm new here but I hope that maybe someone of you can help me a bit out.

I want to "build" the spaceship Destiny from Stargate. I really really love the shape of the ship and the overall designe.

But I have one big problem:

How the ... can I rebuild the shape ! I tryed it the last 2 days for over 10h to get this semi-circle in the back of the ship. and also those curves from the side to the front. (the red line)

I just can not figure out how to build a perfct curve!!!

Can anyone explain it to me so that i can try it out ?

OR is here anyone so super nice and would build me the outline of it so that i can copy-paste it?

I'm really frustrated everyone ealse has so nice curves or domes on there ships. and all i can do is a straight line xD

Here some Picture of the ship. I try to drwa in what "lines" give me so much headache.

ps. the size should be about 1500 in length.

pps. sorry for my poor english, I'm still learingn ^^'

ty for reading

-F

Hi and welcome!

Abit in hurry right now, so i keep it short:

Gameready Destiny to look at (.xml in description):

How to make easy rounding (german video tho, but shows basics):

How to make nice rounding (helpful picture from Steam-Forums):

[spoiler=Click me hardest!]?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1362:2048&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1362%3A2048&background-color=black

Hope this gives you an idea!  ;D

@Fox:

You are my hero :D

and damn it, someone had the same idea about the Destiny xD (adn his Looks sooo goood damn good <3)

hey,

thats right but one percents destiny is an old one with pancake thrusters. it has many gaps and is almost a stone in movement. if you want to use it i wish you good luck with upgrading it =) i have an ship you could use maybe to build an similar ship you want. (best possible movement i guess available here with 15 slots) its easy to copy paste parts from ships. soon i will post an upgraded version from mine first bigger ship.