[request/question] change station founding prices

harrymcb

to start off i want to say i am a fair programmer but never used lua before. i would like to do this myself if i could but there are things i need to know first. what i want to do is change the price to found a station by lowering the credit price and adding a resource cost of a flat amount say 50K of a material depending on factory level. so a basic factory takes 50K iron and advanced factory takes 50K trinium. i found the script that controls the price but i don't know how to make a resource payment. i am also unsure how to get the level of the factory. i think i can solve the latter problem myself, but the first i cant find the information to solve. any help is appreciated.

You can find the documentation for the modding interfaces here:

Steam/steamapps/common/Avorion/Documentation/index.html

The methods you want to use for resource payment are:

player.canPayResource(MaterialType.Iron, 50000)
player.payResource(MaterialType.Iron, 50000)

They are inherited from the Faction Class.

iirc the classes of a factory are soley dependant on how many different resources they take in.

The size does not change for playerbuild factories.

this helped a lot! thanks! i have most non ui done. but i'm getting an error.

this is the code with the error

local cost , resscost, resstype = getFactoryCost(production) --edited by mod
	print (resstype)
    local canPay, msg, args = player:canPayResource(resstype, resscost)--edited by mod

this is the error

2017-05-31 13-44-42| 1

2017-05-31 13-44-42| could not execute function 'foundFactory' in '"data/scripts/entity/stationfounder.lua"':

2017-05-31 13-44-42| invalid type 'userdata' at stack position 2, expected 'Material'

2017-05-31 13-44-42| stack traceback:

2017-05-31 13-44-42| [C]:-1: in function canPayResource

2017-05-31 13-44-42| data/scripts/entity/stationfounder.lua:258: in function ?

2017-05-31 13-44-42| Setting script "data/scripts/entity/stationfounder.lua" to invalid.

note when i did this i tried a low level factory thus it printed 1 as the material titanium as i expected. what is going on here? if you want the whole script i can send it. i intend to upload it once ready.