Empty Sectors?

Dal

There are empty sectors in this game. There's a lot of them actually. So yes, chances are that if you zoom out and see nothing, it really is empty. You can usually tell before entering a system. If there's a green or yellow blinking light over a sector, it shouldn't be empty. Note that yellow blips only appear when you have a system that mentions it shows mass sectors on the map equipped.

As for discovering objects, a high level (exotic?) C43 object detector will highlight anything valuable in the system for you regardless of the distance. Lower-level ones will have range restrictions, however.

As for discovering objects, a high level (exotic?) C43 object detector will highlight anything valuable in the system for you regardless of the distance. Lower-level ones will have range restrictions, however.

That's funny as soon as you said it, a turret merchant that got ganked by pirates, dropped one. I scooped and ran! lol

Sectors you have visited will have any objects listed on map if there were any. The map view lists ships, players, stations and asteroids based on your last visit for a given sector. If you only see coordinates in the map view for a sector you're in/visited then there is nothing of interest except maybe shipwrecks, although these usually spawn with something else in the sector.

Get yourself a mass scanner to show yellow blips. I only ever go to empty sectors on purpose if I'm logging out on multi-player. With almost 1 million sectors you should try not to waste your time in empty ones...