Loaded sectors

Ethentianknight

• Boxelware Team

Sectors are unloaded after 5 minutes, by default. After 5 minutes the sector gets unloaded, unless you're in an adjacent sector, which is connected via a wormhole or gate.

Sectors that are connected via gate or wormhole to your current sector are kept loaded on the server. This is so once you fly through the gate the transition can be done immediately without first loading the destination sector.

Until the sector gets unloaded, it is possible that your ship will get attacked, so the safest alternative is to put it in a sector with AI defenders.

on a "continuous" way, yes, as long you are on the other side of the gate, the other section in loaded in memory and being simulated. once you leave to other sector, the last sector you were in and, the sectors which were connected to it via gates/wormholes, will "live" for 5 minutes, after which they cease to be simulated. once no simulation occurs, your ship is safe from any hostile AI units.

But I have a small questions, what about chains of sectors linked with portals? like A - B - C,  If I am in A, only B is loaded or will B and C be? I guess that is only B, but I would like to hear from Koonschi