AI not taking Orders

Blutsaufer

So I dont think it's normal that if you give your other ships commands (yes, they all have a captain) they dont follow them (not beta). Its the same when you give them the order to follow you through a gate. From 3 ships only 1 comes through. The others loose target. You have to change to tactical view to order them to jump through the jump gate before you or do hyperspace jumps (when followed they work fine) to acoid this  :( . And if you tell the AI to mine (if it finally works after removing captains, jumping out of sector etc.) it uses all weaponry to mine. Did anyone else encounter the same problem? Heard about it on the steam forums too.

Hi,

There do seem to be quite a few...oddities from time to time.  Ranging from odd AI behaviour as you observed, through things like automated turrets sometimes working and sometimes not - which is also down to AI I assume.

I think this game needs an AI pass to address some of this inconsistent behaviour.

Scoob.

Another thing I find a wee bit frustrating is that all targetting appear to ignore LoS.  I almost killed one of my Salvagers this evening when it wandered into the path of the automated Salvage turret on my main ship.

AI just needs some refinement is all :)

Scoob.

I'm fairly new to the game, but to me at least it seems logical that AI work would be an on-going thing.  There's a lot of content currently, but a smarter AI, with more sophisticated commands for our ships etc. would help us immerse ourselves better.

Not sure if the devs have published any sort of road map, they must have internal plans after all, it'd just be good to see a list of intended features and maybe let the community prioritise them via a pole.

Scoob.

I am looking forward to the AI ACTUALLY following orders. I went from perfect Rep with a faction to 0 all because ONE fighter was attacking a station. The AI ships in the sector would not attack it, but the rep just kept ticking down. The fighter would not respond to any orders.

I ended up deleting that galaxy and starting over. Pretty frustrating!