Server lag, Is there no fix?

Rdizz

Is there anyway to at least minimize the lag when more than 4 people are on?

Does changing worker threads or anything help alleviate this issue?  I'm currently using ping perfect but during any fight basically game becomes unplayable. I guess what's the point of mp if you really can't enjoy all the features.

I was wondering if anyone has their own server and has been able to at least minimize the lag at all?

I was wondering if anyone has their own server and has been able to at least minimize the lag at all?

Does it mean you dont have a root server? A root server is the only way to host an Avorion server without too many lags.

Worker threads should be set to the amount of cores your cpu got, but at least it usely does not change too much.

At least you could turn off faction wars, wich often killed the performance on our server before we disabled it.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3638.0.html

I'm hosting via ping perfect. I guess I was trying to avoid turning off faction wars.

The game is so amazing and part of that is the faction wars I would hate to turn off a key component to make it playable.

I assume the devs are aware of this problem are they addressing the issue at all? Google searching shows post back to 2013 complaining of faction wars and or server lag. I'm guess there is just no way to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

2013? Do you even Avorion? This game was released in january this year! Don't mix things up with factionwars issues on an other game!!

By the way, I'm not sure pingperfect run their avorion servers on real metal, but most likely on virtual servers.

My advise:

-else you have a beastly netlink at home (avorion is not too hungry tho), and you can host it on a linux-rig

-else you have a beastly wallet and you rent a REAL server, not an app which simulate one, and man, pingperfect is far from having a good value on dedicated servers... neither they have a choice panel tho.