Being placed in drone when logging in

Hako

While playing on a server with a few friends we've had an odd issue pop up.  It's resulted in the loss of two ships and one lossless event.  Not entirely certain this is in fact a bug, but seemed like a good place to start.

What seems to be happening is people log in and are placed somewhere within the system they logged out of inside of their drones.  Two of the players this has happened to have lost their ships to unknown causes.  One was in a hostile area and just logged out thinking they'd be safe, and another was in a friendly area with no invaders at the time they logged off.

I also had this happen to me in a completely empty sector.  Logged in and I was in my drone 10km away from my ship, though my ship was perfectly fine.  If anyone has any idea what might be causing these issues, or if it is a bug that's being worked on, please let me know.

Thanks.

These types of issues are fairly common with pre-Alliance save files if you're logging on for the first time after the update. On our server my ship actually was no longer associated with my character and I couldn't enter the ship from my drone. The main Avorion menu says to back-up your old saves before launching your galaxy with the latest update.

Have you experienced these issues multiple times, or just the first time logging on (per person) after updating your server?

It's actually a brand new save, started after the Alliance update went live.  The issues have only happened yesterday so far, and hadn't previously been an issue.  The intact ship was still associated with my character however, so not too sure about that one either.  I logged off for about an hour yesterday then logged back on and was 10k away from my ship in a drone.  We are all near the barrier, and while we are all in an alliance none of the ships that have been affected have been alliance ships.

When a sector file gets corrupted where you logged out and you log in again, your ship will be restored from player files. Please tell us if this happened or send us the server log files. This causes the ship owner to spawn in drone and his ship will be anywhere else in the sector.

This can happen sometimes, but usely it does not result in the loss of ships. Without logfiles it is hard to find the reason though.