Single player connection loss/timeouts

lendarker

Ever since the latest patch, I can't play single player anymore. For one, I have to start a new galaxy because the game crashed during saving the old one.

Another...I lag out - connection lost: no response from server when trying to mine even the first iron asteroid.

My System has an AMD Phenox II X6 1090T hexcore processor and 16 GB of RAM and an AMD R9 270X GPU.

I was stoked to give Avorion another try, especially because of all the wreckage issues that were marked resolved in the patch notes, but it won't let me really play right now.

Edit: if, after a connection loss, I try to start the single player game again, I get an "avorionserver.exe has crashed" error popup. The avorion server exe is still running, though, and I have to manually kill it in the process manager in order to restart the game.

Please post your server logs.

When this issue always happens directly after starting the game, you could try to delete the server.ini (make a backup before!).

If this fixes the issue there may be corrupted settings. You should merge your settings like difficulty and seed from old file into new one then.

I sent a bug report through the in-game reporting feature that should include the logs.

I completely uninstalled Avorion, deleted the old Avorion install directory, and reinstalled the game. I just realized I didn't do the same for the user specific files under Users/AppData. Will make a completely clean new start and see if that changes anything, then let you know.

This seems to have resolved my issues (i.e. deleting the user specific data).

I was stupid about it, though, I actually deleted the old data instead of renaming the folder, so I can, sadly, not provide any old files that triggered this problem.