Problem with trading?

0menchild

I'm trying to get into trading, but the window showing "trade routes" is always empty.

It doesn't matter how many sectors I visit, how good my faction relations are, nor the modules. Am I doing something wrong here? :S

Modules I've tried so far:

*Salesman's trading system (exotic)

*Advanced trading system (Rare)

*Improved trading system (uncommon)

When you have a trading module equipped are you able to see all three tabs?

- Trading Routes Tab

- Buy Tab

- Sell Tab

Do any of the other two tabs work?

Trading modules each have a different amount of trade route "memory", some remember up to 3 sectors, others more. If you don't find a buyer and a seller within the number of sectors defined by the module you won't have any routes listed. If the other two tabs work, then this is probably the issue. Make sure you're jumping between sectors that have a bunch of mines/stations or stations/stations.

When you have a trading module equipped are you able to see all three tabs?

- Trading Routes Tab

- Buy Tab

- Sell Tab

Do any of the other two tabs work?

Trading modules each have a different amount of trade route "memory", some remember up to 3 sectors, others more. If you don't find a buyer and a seller within the number of sectors defined by the module you won't have any routes listed. If the other two tabs work, then this is probably the issue. Make sure you're jumping between sectors that have a bunch of mines/stations or stations/stations.

I have all tabs and all three windows are visible (But trade route is empty).

Okay? So there isn't any other factors to it? Sense I've jumped to so many sectors (most with different factories/stations)

1) Go to an area of the galaxy with many sectors with many stations in each

2) Equip trading module, note how many sectors it can "remember" for trade routes (read the description)

3) Jump DIRECTLY between sectors with many stations

4) See if any trade routes appear

5) Repeat steps 3-4 a few times to different sectors with stations

But yea, if you jump between sectors that don't have any common goods to buy/sell then no routes will appear.