Fleet speed

Charless

• 1 month later...

I really hope this gets addressed, because it is one of the most core features of the game.  The slowness of AI-controlled ships is crippling this aspect of gameplay.  It's completely un-testable.  It would be nice if AI ship speed could get to a state where we could at least start testing it.

I will say this, Avorion devs are doing a much better job at getting around to important stuff like this than the majority of game devs out there with early-access games, and even some with released games (Wildcard Studios, I'm looking at you...)

Hey to get around this, increase the brake speed on those ships. Do not use inertial dampeners though, the AI does not take that into account.

The has been set so AI won't run into you and has enough stopping distance in the event you suddenly stop.

So if they have a 30,000ms top speed and a braking speed of 5 m/s it won't go very fast.

Thanks!

Hey to get around this, increase the brake speed on those ships. Do not use inertial dampeners though, the AI does not take that into account.

The has been set so AI won't run into you and has enough stopping distance in the event you suddenly stop.

So if they have a 30,000ms top speed and a braking speed of 5 m/s it won't go very fast.

Thanks!

That is great to know! Thank you!