Ship scale in build menu

Asarjan

Suggestion

Hi,

i think it would be great to all if the "scale entire ship"-mode in the build menu get some changes. for example the slider where you can set the scale of an entire ship. i hate the fact when you move the slider you can't scale a ship by -0,75 or 1,5 ... when i move the slider to 1,5 i only can chose 1,49 or 1,505. this is caused by the slider value of 0,015 .. it should be canged to 0,01 or 0,005 so we can scale a ship to a precise value.

also i want to ask. if i want to do that for now with a mod ..

1. is there any mod that change the slider value?

2. if not .. how can i make such a mod by myself? where can i find the file containing the ship scale values?

i hope you know what i mean and sry for bad english ;)

thanks for any help

2 answers to this suggestion

You cannot have those nice round numbers due to the floating point math if I remember correctly. It's why you can scale it down, then up, then up, and then back down and not have any of the blocks warp in a weird way when you resize it again and again.

If I am wrong, anyone is free to correct me.

It'd be kind of neat if, instead of saving the ships such that each blocks size is recorded as-is, the parts were all scaled as if the smallest component was a certain unit length, and then appropriate scaling is applied to the ship.

This is hard to explain in a way that doesn't look awful.