Taking a break and final feedback until next big update

RadiantFlux

So, I have collected five of the artifacts and am struggling to find or get the others. So I have not passed the barrier yet.

The AI simply refuses to spawn for me, the smuggler ... well, I had all the cargo collected ... finally! ... and then I crashed into the border of a nasty jump gate and exploded. Then I was fed up with that task. I have found three coordinates of Project exodus but have not visited the locations yet.....

mostly because they send me back into even more boring space.

I am simply currently so overpowered that anything I encounter or do is rather boring.

I fought the M.A.D boss and yea, he did lower my shields a bit ... and then died quickly.

The only ship I currently have even half a smile for when I encounter it is the Priest of the sect who worship the asteroids. That one at least does not explode when I look at it. And it is my only source of Ogonite.

I will take a break from Avorion at this point and wait for a future patch where hopefully there is a new level of difficulty that is WAY higher than what the highest is right now.

Here my ship with it's stats, btw:

GnLAf7w.jpg

Have a great time!

RF

Difficulty has been a tricky point from the start and the quests can be boring but that's where multiplayer and modding comes in :)

For our server it has been an ongoing process to increase and balance the difficulty but we've been getting more success over the months, altough it's still a work in progress we now have found a way to scale the increasing difficulty towards the center.

W're also working on creating our own events and bosses so that the gameplay becomes a bit more diverse, as that is still lacking.

But once you've done everything it can really become boring, it's now after 6 months that I have started playing again due to the economy update which is looking pretty promising.

Luckily a lot of mods are being developed that make the base game a lot more fun so that's worth checking out!

Hi Devious,

I am curious, what have you done to help address difficulty on your server?

While a friend of mine and myself are having lots of fun, I know if I wanted to power build a death cube I could probably zing through the game but I'm taking my time.

I would like to know what you have done to increase difficulty, because while you as the player can make the game as easy and difficult as you want, I would like to see some difficulty that pushes me a little harder and I am curious what options there are without designating hours/days of my time into research.

Thanks!

I would like to know what you have done to increase difficulty, because while you as the player can make the game as easy and difficult as you want, I would like to see some difficulty that pushes me a little harder and I am curious what options there are without designating hours/days of my time into research.

Thanks!

3mil omicorn xsotan ships in core.

LOL that would do it.  Will the highest difficulty achieve that or are you modding some specific settings?

I know someone has said upping the max tech level had the nice side affect of making the ai a lot harder as they overall do more damage, as does the player. Plus the added bonus of larger turrets.