Whenever SHIFT key is pressed, please make cursor appear at the center of screen

riess

Suggestion

I've found current way of how Avorion handles cursor's positioning when its enabled and disabled quite confusing and resulting in unnecessary eyestrain.

Basically, it goes like this:

- I find the rock I want to mine with my mining fighters.

- I target the rock, then hit shift to order fighters around.

- I've forgotten where the cursor was last time, but likely still focused on center of screen where my crosshair is, or at target.

- I spend confusing half second to second to find where the cursor is.

- I issue the orders and forget where the cursor is.

I know this may not sound like a big deal for a lot of folk, but I'm sure it would help a lot of folk suffering different eye conditions (like me) enjoy the game even more.

Thanks!

4 answers to this suggestion

This is fine. There people for whom sniping cursor is obviously non-issue. There are also people who have perfect eyesight, who aren't confused by it popping here and there.

Still, this is only game I'm playing with appearing cursor that's causing confusion and eyestrain to me, hence the request. I've clocked hundreds of hours in games like Morrowind or System Shock 2 that didnt have this effect on my eyes, and I pin it on the fact that those games have constant place at which cursor reappeared when it was required for interaction.

I LOVE this idea!  I also keep losing the mouse cursor during busy battles.

Other solutions that I've seen involve making the mouse cursor much more visible.  One of my favorites is to surround the cursor with a ring about an inch out from the cursor itself.