Drone emerging when ship is completely disassembled or destoyed

Rinart73

Suggestion

(Link to original thread)

[*]Please return old behaviour that when you completelly disassemble and delete your ship in "Build mode", you'll just emerge in your drone.

What is happenning now is that you will be teleported in your home sector like you was completely destroyed. This makes no sense and renders whole 'delete full ship to get all resources back' almost useless.

[*]Also I suggest to emerge drone when your ship is destroyed, instead of teleporting you in your spawn sector right away. This happens sometimes, usually when you crash into the asteroid, but most of the times it's like it destroyed a moment after for some reason.

As I already decribed in the original thread, this will:

• Help to soften the start process for players, because in Iron-Naonite stage you will not be able to jump really far.

• Calm players (especially new ones) down.
    I often see angry reviews in Steam like "built cool ship but then it was destroyed and I needed to fly really far to get it".
    If you'll change this mechanics, new players that die a lot in the start of the game will not be that angry, but as they progress to the core, drone will not break balance that much, because if the enemy fire is dense or it's a PvP, drone will be easilly destroyed.

• Be logical. Captain should have an escape pod, right?)

2 answers to this suggestion

It's especially scary to want to scrap the entire ship and start over, but not know how to do this safely.  The teleporting situation occurred to me and now I'm quite concerned whenever I want to start rebuilding my ship from scratch.

At least, one should *not* lose one's modules and be teleported to the beginning area if one deletes the entire ship.

I would also prefer if, in losing one's ship to collision damage, we were to be placed back in the drone, but I sort of understand why such a harsh perma death happens.

Agree and while it's not implemented, the following hints may be usefull.

You don't need to be in the ship in order to build it.

You can build the ship while you at another ship.

There are also a safe mode option which prevents you from deletion of core block.