Best way to destroy hostile stations?

howardxu23

What happened is that jumped right into a pirate base of some sort, and decided to destroy everything that is red on the hud. The defenders are easily taken care of, but eac station takes something like 1000 years just to get it to half. Any tips regarding this?

Moer DPS. :P I'd recommend some AoE hitting weapons like rockets, railguns or cannons.

But overall, you might simply not be at the stage of having big enough ship to be able to destroy stations in timely manner.

For the record, I have a ~28000 fire power on my ship and it still takes quite a while to destroy some of the sturdier ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep the shield down with plasma or teslas. Salvage it alive. Go for the juicy, glowing components like shield and power generators. They are usually in boxes of thin heavy armor (you'll recognize this as a military camo pattern).

Railguns are great if you align them to pierce multiple blocks. But you lose on the salvage.

You can take down the health of any block with any other weapon, but if your last hit is with a salvage turret, you get the full salvage anyway.