Avorion as an E-Sport?

C_Corp2002

I am pretty sure we all love Avorion, on these forums. But what if It was something bigger?

(This will be long, feel free to ignore...)

:D :D

:D :D

Like an E-Sport, where groups of players would build ships after mining asteroids, and go to battle with other groups in an epic all-out war for supremacy? Or another E-Sport 'situation', could be a war/race to get to the galaxy-core, and control the core for a determined amount of time.

This isn't all I want Avorion to be, this is just a concept. Avorion is an amazing game, where you can battle, build, and conquer (All within a gigantic galaxy), and so much more. It deserves more recognition!

My final question, who wants an AVORION E-Sports League?!

Comment below?  ;)

ccorp2002

Aka;

C_Corp2002

This game is far from being competitive. And I'm quite sure it never will be. That is not a bad thing.

Not all games need to be competitive or have e-sport scene.

E-sport games usually have e-sport formula and meta. Games are short and focused. How can you imagine e-sport league games would look like? What would they be about? Building? Who'd like to watch that?

Fighting? Can you imagine what broken meta-builds will people come up with? And do you think there will be a lot of those?

Because I'm quite sure there will be 2 or 3 bricks that are absolutely optimal in all regards. This is not something we're playing Avorion for.

So while I find your eagerness pretty pleasing to see, I wouldn't get my hopes high in that regard. It probably will never happen, and as I said - I think it is only for the best.

Cheers

This is highly unlikely, and based on what I've seen happen to other games that turned down this road, I genuinely hope Avorion does not.

I'm not against competitive multiplayer games, but there is a certain strata in which those thrive, and the level of creative freedom in Avorion does not feel like it provides that strata at all.

I hope this game doesn't become another Ark or Robocraft on it's way to E-Sports, and I doubt the devs will even consider that, besides.

Agreed on the no E-sport. It becomes so specific to a rock paper scissors formula that even E-sport rts isnt won by strategy but by the superior builder and ability spammer.

I do however think some inspired hosting of events would be fun. While there are a few player ones, I would love to see a dev sponsored and ran one.

I do feel if a game can stand on it's own enough, that it could become an E-sport on it's own from not following the developer formula for E-sport. However even then, I do not see Avorion really becoming that. At least as it is now; Which is a fun pve /light pvp space sandbox combat game. And really it doesn't need to be.  Most (if not all) of the games I enjoy most are non E-sport games. Some even have or had competitive multiplayer

I do however think some inspired hosting of events would be fun. While there are a few player ones, I would love to see a dev sponsored and ran one.

Now THIS I was actually thinking about doing at some point.  I think the game needs to be in a better place before it happens, but at some point this would be really awesome to do.

E-Sport? Why competitive? Not all sports are.

Bungee-jumping, surfing, skydiving, etc. There are many sports played just for the feel of it.

But if it gets balanced and someone manages to plug a lot of people on to the same server, you could get a bit closer to the feel of EVE. Because, that's what X3 would feel like in balanced multiplayer.

Except, where there is pilot skill involved, there's more than Excel sheets to play. And let's not forget building.