Galaxy Clusters

SilverKnightGG

Suggestion

Suppose an ambitious group of individuals decided to set themselves up a meager collection of servers each with their own Avorion galaxy running on it.  Suppose they decided it would be fun to interact with each others' galaxies and perhaps generate newer galaxies.

Better yet, suppose a server cluster were created to handle a monumentally larger galaxy with a massive community and plenty of checks and balances to keep it fun for everyone involved?

I guess my suggestion is for some api hooks or other forms of facilitation for this to eventually become a reality.  I'm no stranger to suggestions being pushed aside because the game in question is in no state to be considering things of this scope.  It definitely appears to me this is the case with Avorion right now.  I'm mostly just posting this suggestion to stir the imaginations of both players and developers.  Just imagine what we could do with ultra-massive galaxies or multi-galaxy clusters! Somebody might have already figured out how to get this to work with a mod or something and I'm just way behind.  If so, feel free to point out my ignorance in whatever polite manner you deem appropriate.  ;)

1 answer to this suggestion