can't change server save game file

SirSid

How do i load a save game file on a server .

I have a few diffrent  save game files  i would like to run on a server but  i can't switch them around .

i can upload the save game files to the server but can't restart the server with the new uploaded file  , it just defults to the standard file they had when they made the server .

thank you for your  time

So there are a couple ways you can go about this.

On a dedicated server:

You can replace the currently named Galaxy the server is set to use with the other save by replacing the files underneath the folder with the name of the Galaxy the server is using, or you can put your other save in same directory with it's own name,  go into config and switch between the two galaxies by changing the name it is using.

If you are wanting to merge saves, the player.dat files contain each players info such as money and resources and list of weapons and mods in their inventory, and you can also manually move over individual sector files if I remember correctly.

My problem is changing  the config  file to load another world dose not work .

Also changing the  name of the file to the same as what the server is using is not working ehter.

It seems the server will only run the save file it creates  ,  no other file have  i had any luck getting it to load.

Perhaps  in missing  something  in the files  i need to change  over  im changing the directory on the start.bat file  that was what  i found  in my searches  online to do .